What It’s Like to Work Here as an Engineer
Our engineering team supports one another to write software that works. We continually self-deploy. We value speed, are result oriented, and expect all our team members to take the time needed to build software thoughtfully and maintainable.
We’re comfortable with modern tool chains, technologies, and practices. We continually improve our infrastructure and techniques. Our development process is lightweight, productive, and revolves around our individual and team dedicated to building high-quality, performant products.
You’re a good fit: if you have a strong background / interest in building successful APIs, SDKs; you are comfortable with learning the full breadth of the software development lifecycle and new technologies.
- Requirement documentation is written in ZenHub. Some further documentation may be written in Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Notion, or Figma.
- Requirements are written by PM and Product Designers.
- Every engineering task will have a requirement document Trello card, in addition to being assigned a priority.
- Each developer will work on his/her tasks in order of the priority assigned.
- Complete tasks will be reviewed by the QA tester, PM, Product Designer, or Senior Developer.
- All code written by newly onboarded engineers will be code reviewed by a more senior engineer before code can be committed and checked-in.
- 1.Efficiently complete deliverables on time.
- 2.Minimal delays.
- 3.Because our pay is based on deliverables, team members with high pay will be in line for promotion towards even higher hourly pay very quickly.
- Code Quality
- 1.No bugs.
- 2.Fixes bugs in a timely manner.
- 3.Code is easy for other engineers to read, understand, maintain, fix bugs, and extend.
- 4.Quality code is efficient to maintain and extend code.
Our engineering teams are separated into front-end and back-end. Full-stack engineers will move back and forth between both roles depending on product needs.