Written documentation is extremely important in an all remote team. Our primary documents are:
For internal questions about the product.
PRDs are documentation for PMs and UX designers, to create wireframes and product specifications.
PSDs describes how the product works, action after each click, etc for engineers.
There are written by back-end engineers for back-end team and front-end integration purposes.
- Google Documents
- For non-technical documentation.
- For product specifications and product requirement documents.
- For technical documentation.
- For technical and API documentation.
- Lucid Charts
- For workflow, technical design, architecture, and flow diagrams.
- ZenHub/GitHub Lists/Boards/Issues
- For technical releases and issue tracking.