- 1.Do engineers need to be on call for site reliability issues?No, we will have dedicated SREs for that.
- 2.What if I wish to code in a different language (such as Golang or PHP)?
- The primary concern for choosing any programming language is the ease of other developers to maintain your code and project.
- PHP projects are less easy to maintain compared to say Python, so we will not use PHP.
- Golang engineers are harder to find and recruit, so it will be hard for us to find other engineers to work on the project together.
- 3.Do we need domain knowledge of the products we’re building?No prior domain knowledge of the products we’re building is required. Only requirement is technical knowledge and skill, e.g. coding.